Our priority remains helping our clients and community in any way we can. The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) is in effect and economic impact payments are being issued to eligible recipients. This is what you need to know:
- If you filed taxes for 2018 or 2019 and received a refund, the funds will be directly deposited to the bank account on file at the IRS.
- If you did not receive a tax refund for 2018 or 2019, your funds will arrive as a paper check in the mail later this month. The check will be sent to the address on file at the IRS.
- To check eligibility and status, please visit www.irs.gov
Protect yourself from potential fraud with these guidelines:
- Do not respond to any unsolicited requests for personal or financial information. The IRS will never contact you through phone calls, emails or text.
- NEVER give out direct deposit or any other account information unless you are the one initiating the contact
- Do not visit any website claiming to be a portal for stimulus checks; www.irs.gov is the only official site for economic impact payments.
- Be suspicious of any pitches referring to a “stimulus check.” The official term is “economic impact payment.”
We value the trust you place in American National Bank. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us and we’ll be happy to help.
08.31.2023 | Financial Tips
In a rising rate environment, now is the time to save
Looking to grow your savings? Discover why now is the ideal time to save in a rising rate environment.
08.09.2023 | Financial Tips
Back-to-School Spending, Planning and Saving Strategies
Get ahead of the back-to-school rush with expert tips on spending wisely and planning effectively. Maximize your budget and reduce financial stress with these helpful strategies.
06.22.2023 | Financial Tips
Money Market vs. Certificate of Deposit (CD) – What’s the right savings tool for you?
Learn how money market accounts and certificates of deposit differ and discover which option may be best for your financial goals.